Methods of Payment
Cash (U.S. currency) is always accepted at the Bookstore.
Personal, Cashiers' & Travelers' Checks
Each check must meet the following requirements:
- be made payable to Cañada College Bookstore
- bear the current date
- bear the name and address of the bank printed on the check
- bear the account number at the bank
- bear your name and address on the check
- bear the verifiable signature of the presenter
- drawn on U.S. funds from a U.S. bank
Current SMCCD student ID is required for all purchases paid with a check. In addition, we require a valid California ID, California driver's license, military ID or passport for verification of identity.
Unfortunately, the Bookstore does not accept:
- Starter, out of state or business checks.
- Checks for computers, laptops, or electronics.
- Checks for an amount greater than $500.
- The bookstore reserves the right to refuse any check, for any reason.
Customers with checks returned to the Bookstore by the bank as unpaid will be assessed a $20 returned check fee. Additionally, a hold will be placed on your school records until the debt to the bookstore has been paid. Outstanding debts to the Bookstore will be sent to collections.?
We reserve the right to refuse any check.
We accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa. A valid California ID, California driver's license, military ID or passport is required for verification of identity.
Discover, MasterCard and Visa cardholders who allow a student to use their credit card for purchases at the bookstore must provide a signed note allowing the student to use their credit card. Unfortunately due to Americann Express policies, this priviledge is not available to American Express cardholders.
The only debit cards that are accepted are those linked to a checking account and can be used as credit card without a pin number.
Customers will be allowed to pay for their purchases with a financial aid account provided that the proper paperwork is received at the bookstore and authorization is given. A valid SMCCD student ID, California ID, California driver's license, military ID or passport may be required for verification of identity.